I love leveraged business models and I have used them to build my brand, grow my list and drive traffic to my websites. I recently identified May 29, 2008 as the date I first discovered viral marketing when I was introduced to the company Worldprofit. I had joined Worldprofit as a trail member at the suggestion of my friend and marketer Connie Clark and spent about a month dabbling with the system. I do not recall why I didn’t chose to continue as a member of Worldprofit and can only recall that I was deeply involved in an offline marketing effort to build a traditional MLM company and was likely stretched too thin or so I must have thought.
Recently I became intrigued by Worldprofit as I am continually looking for resources and tools to further grow what has now become a full-time online business. So, I decided to take another look and I was a little surprised by what I found.
I invested a few days observing one of the most unique aspects of Worldprofit, which is their 24/7 live business center where monitors help close the prospects of the members. I had this playing in the background in an attempt to get a feel for how things are going at Worldprofit. I was impressed and decided to really do my homework and consider adding it in my business funnel.
First, I dug into the more credible Internet Forums:
I was surprised that there was very little information on this site which is a “complaint magnet and there is usually pages and pages of reviews on companies by disgruntled customers. The primary thread I found was from 2008 and the feedback was mixed but mostly positive. There was the typical “I tried this for one month and didn’t make any money,” which of course was a self-fulfilled situation -it is unrealistic to expect any business to “make money” in the first month.
The following thread is a fair representation of what I have found and is of particular interest as Dr. Jeffery Lant the CEO of World Profit posted in the the thread more than once – interesting reading.
Here is a thread on the topic: Any body heard of Worldprofit
#2. Ripoff Report.com
I could only find one entry – almost unheard of for nearly 16 year old company. The posting was from 2005 and is no longer of relevant as the $9.95 boot-camp program no longer exist. One notable point is that Ms. Sandi Hunter one of the owners of World Profit actually responded to the posting and provided both clarification of the program in question and offered a direct phone number in the posting.
Here is a thread on the topic: Worldprofit Millionaire Bootcamp
#3. IM Report Card.com
I really like IM Report card as it is a fairly new Internet Business site and I find most of the information there to be very useful. Whenever I consider purchasing a product, training course or business system – I visit IM Report Card to see if anything has been posted there.
I found a review and a comment thread and although there were both very positive as well as negative comments, I found that the comments added by individuals who had actually joined Worldprofit and given it more than a couple of months of “real effort” were very good.
Here is a thread on the topic: Worldprofit Review
Second, I researched Worldprofit’s reputation with the Better Business Bureau:
I was able to confirm that Worldprofit has an A- rating with the Better Business Bureau as an “Accredited Business” which was issued on November 2000 and remains in good standing with a small number of complaints over the past 36 months as noted in the report (see the link below for full details).
It is important to note that I did not take the BBB reference at face value and was able to confirm that this was not a paid rating, which some organizations to provide. This accreditation was granted based on the actual review of the businesses which carry their seal.
Here is a direct link the the Better Business Bureau: Worldprofit BBB Accreditation
Here is a link that explains how the code of ethics: BBB Code of Business Practices
Being completely satisfied with the results of more that a dozen hours of focused due diligence and observation of Worldprofit‘s Live Business Center, I decided to re-enroll in the program and
So, I decided to enroll in Worldprofit and make it a central part of my business funnel on May 17th – exactly two years after my first exposure – I guess I was a little slow on this one.
Here are the key points that have lead me to a logical decision:
1. Worldprofit is a sixteen year old company with an exceptional track record and very few valid complaints.
2. Worldprofit has maintained accreditation with the Better Business Bureau since November 2000.
3. Worldprofit ‘s founders are all recognized and respected leaders in the Internet Marketing Community
4. Worldprofit‘s “Millionaire Bootcamp” is a great fast start resource for new marketers and experienced marketers alike. The bootcamp provides new members to begin making money as quickly as possible.
5. Worldprofit has 24/7 live monitors that help the members close sales, so it is a leveraged business.
6. Worldprofit provides thousands of dollars in software and web-based services to drive traffic and increase search results in all of the major search engines.
7. Worldprofit provides turnkey websites, landing pages, ads and traffic systems that solve many of the “sticking points” that cause people to fail online. I know how to leverage these resources, so this will allow me to help more people make money online.
8. Worldprofit has placed the entire 10,000 plus ClickBank product library on my site along with pre-written marketing campaigns and product sales letters that I can market at the push of a button (this is new).
9. Worldprofit has a supportive community and I have enjoyed meeting a number of their top producers who are serious marketers.
10. Worldprofit provides a unique mentor-ship opportunity as Dr. Jeffrey Lant, George Kosch, and Sandi Hunter are all experienced marketers and are highly accessible to the members of the community.
I plan to post regularly on my journey to implement the Worldprofit model into my business. As always, I will be completely transparent about what is working for me within the business and what I am doing to get results.
I can share with you that as I write this post, I have graduated from the “Millionaire Bootcamp,” driven traffic to my Worldprofit site and made enough sales to be ranked #11 for the month among all Worldprofit dealers. So, I guess I am off to a really good start after my first week. The good news for you is that everything I have done to achieve will 100% duplicate for anyone who follows the training, does the work and is patient to allow the system to work. You must have a strong desire and work ethic to achieve success online or your results will be limited in any program.
If you want a closer look sign up for a Free Associate account:
I am here to help you succeed!
(c) Copyright 2008-2010 James A. Holmes. All Rights Reserved.
James Holmes, Global Team Builder, Coach and Trainer, combining online and offline techniques to help you grow your business. To request a free 30 minute consultation contact James by phone at 303-523-9503 or email at james@AskJamesHolmes.com
Note: If you’d like to reprint this article on your blog or in your newsletter you have permission to do so as long as the copyright information and the resource box above remains with the article.