Thousands of people every month come online to pursue their dreams of creating a successful business, accomplishing their financial goals, and realizing true time freedom by succeeding in Internet marketing. Knowing that these are real people with real lives, most believing they are serious about their intention to be successful, so why so many fail?
Whether you are pursuing direct sales, network marketing, affiliate marketing, information product creation, or any other business model this post is offered to help you succeed.
Success is created using a formula requiring many ingredients, it is not an exact science because there is a large measure of art included in the formula. I wanted to explore several of the reasons so many people fail online and then provide you with a blueprint to help you achieve success online. I covered this topic on my podcast “InternetBusinessBlueprint” yesterday and I wanted to share these concepts with you here.
Why So Many People Fail:
1. They fail invest time in understand their mindset and potential limiting beliefs, therefore they are at risk for self-sabotage.
2. They fail to invest in their education to understand what is required to succeed online.
3. They fail to develop a business funnel.
4. They try to promote their business opportunity and affiliate programs without a list.
5. They fail to stick with anything to evaluate if it is working, they hop from program to program looking for the easy answer, or magic pill.
6. They fail to consider their marketing budget even if they cannot immediate invest in aggressive marketing – the budget can be small.
7. They fail to leverage social media and rely solely on traditional methods such as friends, family, the three-foot rule of warm market.
With so many failures it is not hard to imagine why they will not succeed. There is hope!
How to ensure your success online:
1. Succeed by understanding the critical mindset shift from “e to E,” employee to entrepreneur and make a firm decision about your success.
2. Succeed by getting the education required to understand what truly works online and what you need to know to take meaningful action.
3. Succeed by developing a congruent, effective, business funnel that includes multiple streams of income, including residual income.
4. Succeed by marketing a high ticket program first and a residual income programs second. You will need both.
5. Succeed by committing to a marketing budget even if it is $20 per month. The key is the discipline and expectation of a bigger budget.
6. Succeed by leveraging social media to reach a larger audience across a much larger market then your friends and family.
7. Succeed by marketing affiliate programs for monthly cash flow and to provide tools to your marketing place for duplication.
Action Checklist for your success:
1. Listen to my 7 part “Prosperity Mindset Course“, which you can get free at my Internet Business Blueprint Blog.
2. Listen to my 5 part “How to Reprogram Your Financial Thermostat” series on my podcast Internet Business Blueprint Podcast.
3. Invest the time to understand the answer to the following questions: I. Your Why? II. How Much Money? III. How Much Time?
I. Your Why? Beyond money, what is the deepest motivating reason why you want to be successful in your business, use this as an anchor.
II. How Much Money?
III. How Much Time? How much time are you able to invest in your business each week, and how much time are you willing to invest in your business to succeed before you would ever consider giving up. Never give up!
4. Make a firm decision that you are going to do whatever it takes for as long as it takes to succeed.
5. Develop your business funnel to determine exactly how you are going to attract prospects into your funnel, what you are going to do to keep them engaged, and what you are going to market to the once they have opted in.
6. Take your time evaluating (not procrastinating) big ticket programs in order to find the one that is right for you. Beyond the program that I personally market, I have two others that I am not involved in, but can direct you to should you need any help getting started.
6. Carefully select the company and the mentors you will be working with as your vehicle for success. Make sure that you will be provided one on one coaching in addition to access to a “private members only” team website with the training and resources you will need to ensure your success.
7. Invest in yourself by investing time and money in your education. Learn what is required to provide you with the opportunity for success. Then put into massive action what you have learned and build your million dollar business.
I would love to hear from you and learn about your experiences. Be sure to add a comment to this post before you move on to other post.
(c) Copyright 2008-2009 James A. Holmes. All Rights Reserved.
James Holmes, Global Team Builder, Coach and Trainer, combining online and offline techniques to help you grow your business. To request a free 30 minute consultation contact James by phone at 303-523-9503 or email at james@AskJamesHolmes.com
Note: If you’d like to reprint this article on your blog or in your newsletter you have permission to do so as long as the copyright information and the resource box above remains with the article.