Illustration by Claudia McGehee
I am notorious for killing the viral email progress of any message that comes to my in box with the request to pass it on … I wont and in fact, I usually won’t even read the email. Just ask my sisters – they will both be nodding their heads!
Well there are exceptions to every rule and I wanted to share on with you. Connie Clark
a dear friend and business associate sent me a very beautiful email tonight and for some odd reason I chose to read it although it is one of those pass it on
types… oh well, glad I did.
The Internet can become all consuming especially for someone like me who absolutely loves it. The problem is that it is so easy to get drawn in and let the hours, days, and weeks roll by and before you know it your family doesn’t recognize you, your friends stop inviting you to lunch, and you are living completely out of balance… not good.
So, when this message crossed my in-box shortly after having a related conversation with another dear friend, I began to wonder if you face the same life balance challenges and if so, would you be as blessed by this simple yet powerful message similar to how it impacted me? I figured there was only one way to find out… share it with you.
So I dedicate this to my friends Connie Clark and Jason Stephens in the hope that it blessed you as well.
An Angel says, ‘Never borrow from the future. If you worry about what may happen tomorrow and it doesn’t happen, you have worried in vain. Even if it does happen, you have to worry twice.’
2. Go to bed on time.
3. Get up on time so you can start the day unrushed.
4. Say No to projects that won’t fit into your time schedule, or that will compromise your mental health.
5. Delegate tasks to capable others.
6. Simplify and unclutter your life.
7. Less is more. ( Although one is often not enough, two are often too many.)
8. Allow extra time to do things and to get to places.
9. Pace yourself. Spread out big changes and difficult projects over time; don’t lump the hard things all together.
10. Take one day at a time.
11. Separate worries from concerns. If a situation is a concern, find out what God would have you do and let go of the anxiety. If you can’t do anything about a situation, forget it.
12. Live within your budget; don’t use credit cards for ordinary purchases.
13.. Have backups; an extra car key in your wallet, an extra house key buried in the garden, extra stamps, etc.
14. K.M.S. (Keep Mouth Shut). This single piece of advice can prevent an enormous amount of trouble.
15. Do something for the Kid in You everyday.
16. Carry a spiritually enlightening book with you to read while waiting in line.
17. Get enough rest.
18. Eat right.
19. Get organized so everything has its place.
20. Listen to a tape while driving that can help improve your quality of life..
21. Write down thoughts and inspirations.
22. Every day, find time to be alone.
23. Having problems? Talk to God on the spot. Try to nip small problems in the bud. Don’t wait until it’s time to go to bed to try and pray.
24. Make friends with Godly people.
25.. Keep a folder of favorite scriptures on hand.
26. Remember that the shortest bridge between despair and hope is often a good ‘Thank you Jesus .’
28. Laugh some more!
29. Take your work seriously, but not yourself at all.
30. Develop a forgiving attitude (most people are doing the best they can).
31. Be kind to unkind people (they probably need it the most).
32. Sit on your ego.
33 Talk less; listen more.
34. Slow down.
35. Remind yourself that you are not the general manager of the universe.
36 Every night before bed, think of one thing you’re grateful for that you’ve never been grateful for before.
Thank you for letting me share this with you and please be sure to post a comment, I would like to know if this touched you and if so, share with me those that impacted you the most. Now get back to work, but be sure to keep your balance in check!
Have a blessed day!
I am here to help you succeed in your business and life!
P.S. Connie’s message said to pass it on to four people… wonder if I can hold the blessings resulting from a few thousand.
(c) Copyright 2008-2010 James A. Holmes. All Rights Reserved.
James Holmes, Global Team Builder, Coach and Trainer, combining online and offline techniques to help you grow your business. To request a free 30 minute consultation contact James by phone at 303-523-9503 or email at james@AskJamesHolmes.com
Note: If you’d like to reprint this article on your blog or in your newsletter you have permission to do so as long as the copyright information and the resource box above remains with the article.